Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vintage Christmas Placemats


Cindy Character, Copyright Grand Award, Boston U.S.A. MCMLXXV (1975)
I have a set of these four laminate placemats. All with different Christmas images, featuring a character named Cindy. They were wasting away in my mother's basement and I couldn't resist them. I've been trying to find any information on the character and if she's been used for anything else, greeting cards, figurines, etc. because I think she is so adorable ( and the cat is cute too lol ) The only information I have is listed beneath the picture and that's what was given on the back side of the mat.

1 comment:

  1. I have three baking sleeping and sled Would love to see the fourth picture This is what I found for information
    73047694 – CINDY
    Serial Number: 73047694 Registration Number: 1053276
    Mark Type: Trademark Status: EXPIRED
    Status Date: 09/01/1997
    Registered: 11/23/1976
    Correspondent: ?

    Mark Information
    Mark Literal Elements: CINDY
    Standard Character Claim: No
    Mark Drawing Type: 1
    Design Search Code(s):

    Goods and Services
    For: PAPER PLASTIC LAMINATED PLACEMATS
    First Use Anywhere: 02/10/1975
    First Use in Commerce: 02/10/1975

    Current Owner(s)
    Name Doing Business As Address Entity Type Organized In
    COLOURPICTURE PUBLISHERS, INC. DBA GRAND AWARD 76 ATHERTON ST
    BOSTON, MA Corporation MA

    ReplyDelete